Easy & Delicious Nut-Free Blueberry Banana Muffins
Baking is something that doesn't happen very often in my household lately; especially in the heat of summer. There was a cool morning last week though, so we decided to stock up on granola and muffins. The kids love these muffins and they have a fair amount of protein, healthy fats and fruit in them which makes them a good and tasty snack.
Blueberry Banana Muffins - Nut Free (Can be GF!)
These delicious,healthy, and nut-free blueberry banana muffins are great as an on-the-go snack, breakfast or in kids lunches! Can be made GF with substitions.
- 2/3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (use almond flour to make gluten-free)
- 1/2 Cup Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 2 Bananas (mashed)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Eggs (whisked)
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas until a creamy consistency is formed. Add the oil, eggs, and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet, and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in your fresh or frozen blueberries. Distribute the blueberries evenly throughout the batter but be careful not to over mix as this will break the berries and cause the batter to turn purple (they'll still taste great just won't look as pretty!)
- Pour into lightly greased muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool. Enjoy!